Here you will find answers to questions that we are asked on a regular basis. If you have a specific question you would like to ask, please contact our studio and we will do our best to answer if for you.

We are ready to start the design and planning process. What do we do now?

Call us on 07 3613 0030 and speak with Anthony Trevot, owner and lead designer of Synergy Building Design. A meeting will be arranged to discuss specific design and project requirements. The process from here will be clearly outlined and we will act upon your instructionquickly and efficiently, making the whole design process as enjoyable as possible.

How long does the design & drafting journey take?

The time to complete a design or set of plans can depend on many factors, such as the size of the project and if town planning is required.

For residential renovations and new homes, as guide allow the following time frames for types of project sizes:
Small projects – 4 to 6 weeks
Medium projects – 8 to 12 weeks
Larger projects – 12 weeks and over

Once more is known about your project, we will be able to give a projected time line for your project.

If you would like to know more or chat with someone about your project, please call 07 3613 0030 and speak with our friendly staff.

So what is the difference between a Building Designer and an Architect?

Many people are unaware Building Designers can perform the same scope of work as an architect and there is no real difference between the two. Building Designers hold the relevant licence with QBCC to the appropriate level of their education and experience in the design and construction industry.Just like architects, building designers can design and document any project throughout Queensland and Australia. Not only can building designers design a practical and functional space, building designers can also give you that unique wow factor through great design.

Throughout the industry there are different levels of services and standards provided by building designers and architectural companies. Prices will also largely vary depending on the services and what you ultimately require for your project. However price doesn’t always tell the full story, the dearest price is not ultimately the best.​

Here at Synergy Building Design, we are passionate about creating a lifestyle through design for our clients. So much so we have won 8 awards for our designs in 2014 and 2015 and have successfully completed over 1170 residential and commercial projects in the last 8 years.

Who uses Building Designers?

Anyone who requires designs and documentation for their renovation, extension, home and commercial building project.

Does Synergy Building Design have expertise and capability to design and draft my project?

Simply put, Yes we do! Synergy Building Design holds a medium rise building designers licence with the Queensland Building Construction Commission, allowing us to design buildings from as small as a carport to a renovation, new homes and up to a 4 storey unit buildings. Our Director Anthony also has over 15 years’ experience in the residential and commercial design industries.

Do I need a Detailed Contour Survey for my project?

In most cases yes you do. On some smaller projects it is not necessary to have the survey completed and our designers will indicate form the very beginning if it is a requirement.A survey will provide the designer with valuable information about your existing property and will allow us to design your project with almost 100% accuracy.

What is a 6 Star Energy Rating and Assessment and does my project need one?

In Queensland it is a requirement when designing a new home or renovation and addition that the structure has a minimum 6 Star Energy Rating. I most cases it is easy to comply with the 6 Star requirement through a considered and well a thought out design. Use of the right external and internal building materials, insulation and correct window placement will ensure your new home and renovation will comply with the regulation and perform better in the colder and hotter months of the year.

Does my house require a Town Planning Application?

In most cases Town Planning Applications aren’t needed. However depending on the
properties location and what is to be done to the home it could trigger an application.

Searches conducted will reveille if your home is located in an area requiring Town Planning as part of the start-up process and our designers will inform you if one is required.

What is Building Certification?

When you lodged a building application in Queensland you lodged it with the local council,
however this is now required to be lodged with a private certifier who presents the application to council on your behalf, reviews the application and approves the plans prior toconstruction. They are also responsible for regular inspections during the construction process to ensure the builder is following the plans and the construction of the building is to the required regulations.